A WEEK IN LONDON – 7 nights / 8days
Indicative itinerary for A WEEK IN LONDON – 7 nights / 8daysCities covered - London, United Kingdom
Recommended routing for air tickets - Your country / London / Your country
Notes1) Please treat this as an indicative itinerary. Final itinerary will be provided on confirmation of services.
2) Train timings / duration are subject to changes. Final details will be provided on confirmation of services. Fares on early morning / late evening trains are generally more expensive / attract supplements. Our quote excludes these supplements / surcharges.
3) Sometimes some places / attractions mentioned in the sightseeing tours may be closed due to local festivals, public holidays, security reasons or any events beyond control of the attractions / city municipal offices etc. It is practically impossible to keep a track of the same in advance. If a particular attraction is closed we will try our best to show the clients alternate / similar attraction if possible and available.
4) All tours are based on Seat In Coach basis (shared with other tourists). Some full day tours are actually a combination of 02 half day tours.
5) On most tours the clients will be required to make their own arrangements to reach the tour departure point / closest pickup point at the start of the tour. The tour company does not offer courtesy pick up from all locations / hotels. Most half day tours start or end in the city centre so that the clients can explore the area before / after the tour. The clients will have to make own arrangements for traveling from hotel to tour start point or tour end point back to hotel. The drop off point for the full day tour may be the head office of the tour operator or a location close to the hotel where the guest is booked. The clients will have to make own arrangements for traveling back to the hotel after the tour.
6) Tour operator is very strict regarding the reporting time. If the client does not reach the pickup place on time they will not wait for them. In this 100% cancellation will be charged.
7) The tours exclude lunch / dinners / refreshments.
8) If the specified tour is not operating on that particular day then we reserve the right to offer an alternate our which may result in a supplement. If the same is not possible / acceptable then we will offer a reduction for this tour.
9) Please issue air tickets only after we confirm all the hotel / transfer / sightseeing reservations.
10) If the package booking is requested within 15 to 17 days from the date of departure then we will not be in a position to issue the train tickets. In this case we will offer you a reduction for the train fares and you can issue the train tickets in your country (rates may be slightly higher in your country)
Day 01 : Arrive in LondonOn arrival you will be transferred to hotel by a Seat In Coach shuttle. Shuttle only operates between 0800hrs and 2000hrs. In case your flight arrives before / later then we may have to arrange a private transfer at an additional cost.
Standard check-in time at hotels is 1400hrs. If you are arriving early then we will request hotel for an early check-in but the same will be purely subject to availability and not guaranteed. Generally chances of getting a room before 1200hrs are low. Rest of the day is free to relax / explore London on your own. Overnight at hotel in London. Meals – Nil.
Day 02 – LondonContinental breakfast at hotel. Proceed on your own from hotel to the tour departure point of your full day tour of London (approx 8hrs).
The Tour: The tour begins with a panoramic drive around parliament square to see Westminster Abbey, where many Kings, Queens, Statesmen, poets and writers are buried. See Big Ben and the Houses of Parliaments. You'll visit St Paul's Cathedral where you'll have a guided tour. It was the wedding place of Prince Charles and Princess Diana plus many other special Royal occasions. We'll then drive on to Buckingham Palace where we'll see the famous ceremony of the Changing of the Guards. After this we'll make our way to a traditional English pub where you'll have the opportunity to enjoy a traditional English dish of Fish and chips or Sausages and mash (lunch not included). On arrival at the Tower of London the splendidly dressed Beefeaters will tell you about the Tower's history and the crown Jewels.
Includes: Transportation by coach, English speaking guide, entry to St Paul's Cathedral and The Tower of London and the Jewel House to see the Crown Jewels, opportunity for a traditional pub lunch.
Please note: Occasionally there may not be a changing of the Guard. On these occasions we will visit Horseguards Parade. We will visit the cloisters and chapter House at Westminster Abbey or the Imperial War Museum. Due to church services St Paul's Cathedral is closed to visitors on Sundays and possibly on other days without prior notice, instead we will stop for photostop and spend more time in the Tower of London. Lunch is not included in the tour price. From 1st of April 2014 (until 31 March 2015), This tour includes admissions to St. Paul's Cathedral and Tower of London only.
After the tour make your own way back to the hotel. Overnight at hotel in London. Meals – Continental breakfast.
Day 03 – LondonContinental breakfast at hotel. Proceed on your own from hotel to the tour departure point of your full day tour visiting mysterious Stonehenge with its magical aura, medieval Salisbury Cathedral with it's famous Magna Carta, and the unique spa waters at the Roman Baths. (approx 9hrs tour)
The Tour - We depart London and head to Stonehenge. 5,000 years ago these huge 40 ton rocks were dragged to the lonely, windy plain of Salisbury hill. You'll get time to learn more about this iconic monument steeped in mystery and legend! Soaring into the skyline, the spire of Salisbury Cathedral stands at a whopping 123m (404ft)! Erected 800 years ago, the revolutionary spire is considered one of the leading examples of Early English architecture. Ancient meets modern at the cathedral's newest addition: a beautifully sculpted font designed by William Pye. Salisbury Cathedral is also home to the world's oldest working clock and the best-preserved of the four remaining original copies of the Magna Carta. Marvel at this astonishing medieval document in the Chapter House with its slender central pillar and stunning medieval frieze.No tour of Bath would be complete without a visit to the famous Roman Baths that gave the city its name. This beautifully preserved bathing complex still flows with water from Britain's only hot spring. Marvel at the dazzling torch-lighting ceremony as dusk falls (not applicable in summer) and sip Bath's healing waters in the Pump Room, a stunning neo-classical salon where hot spa waters are drawn for drinking. Estimated arrival time back to London is around 7.00pm.
After the tour make your own way back to the hotel. Overnight at hotel in London.
Meals – Continental breakfast.
Day 04 – LondonContinental breakfast at hotel. Proceed on your own from hotel to the tour departure point of your full day tour covering Oxford, Stratford, Cotswold and Warwick Castle.
The Tour - Enjoy the opulence of Oxford! Renowned for over 900 years as a centre of academic excellence, follow in the footsteps of its famous students; from Bill Clinton to Lewis Carroll and C.S. Lewis. Uncover the university town of Oxford at a leisurely pace and take in the famous 'city of dreaming spires' and see the Bodleian Library and the captivating college courtyards on your travels. Be guided through unspoilt narrow alleys and ancient squares of the historic town. The journey will continue with a visit to the delightful market town at the edge of the Forest of Arden- Stratford, also known as the birthplace of the world-famous playwright, William Shakespeare. We will then drive through the Cotswold, a charming blend of breath-taking natural beauty, bustling market towns and sleepy villages. Immerse yourself in battle preparations and feel the weight of a medieval sword deep in the heart of Warwick Castle, the last stop of a marvelous journey.
Please note -Entrances to the attractions not included, but can be purchased on the day. After the tour make your own way back to the hotel. Overnight at hotel in London. Meals – Continental breakfast.
Day 05 to Day 07 LondonContinental breakfast at hotel. Day is free to explore London on your own or why not book one of the many optional tours / excursions. Overnight at hotel in London. Meals – Continental breakfast.
Day 08 – LondonContinental breakfast at hotel.
Standard check-out time from hotels is 1000hrs. If you are departing on late afternoon / evening / night flight we will request hotel for a late checkout but the same will be purely subject to availability and not guaranteed. If the rooms are available then the hotel may give late check-out till 1200hrs latest.
Later you will be transferred to airport by a Seat In Coach shuttle. Shuttle only operates between 0800hrs and 1900hrs. In case your flight departs before 1100hrs / after 2200hrs then we may have to arrange a private transfer at an additional cost.
Meals – Continental breakfast.
END OF SERVICES BOOK TODAY