Best Of Austria – 7 Nights / 8 Days
Indicative itinerary for Best Of Austria – 7 Nights / 8 DaysCities covered - 2 nights Vienna, 2 nights Salzburg, 1 night Zell Am See and 2 nights Innsbruck
Tour start point - Vienna
Tour end point - Innsbruck
Recommended routing for air tickets - Your country / Vienna – Surface – Innsbruck/ Your country
Notes1) Please treat this as an indicative itinerary. Final itinerary will be provided on confirmation of services.
2) Train timings / duration are subject to changes. Final details will be provided on confirmation of services. Fares on early morning / late evening trains are generally more expensive / attract supplements. Our quote excludes these supplements / surcharges.
3) Sometimes some places / attractions mentioned in the sightseeing tours may be closed due to local festivals, public holidays, security reasons or any events beyond control of the attractions / city municipal offices etc. It is practically impossible to keep a track of the same in advance. If a particular attraction is closed we will try our best to show the clients alternate / similar attraction if possible and available.
4) All tours are based on Seat In Coach basis (shared with other tourists) . Some full day tours are actually a combination of 02 half day tours.
5) On most tours the clients will be required to make their own arrangements to reach the tour departure point / closest pickup point at the start of the tour. The tour company does not offer courtesy pick up from all locations / hotels. Most half day tours start or end in the city centre so that the clients can explore the area before / after the tour. The clients will have to make own arrangements for traveling from hotel to tour start point or tour end point back to hotel. The drop off point for the full day tour may be the head office of the tour operator or a location close to the hotel where the guest is booked. The clients will have to make own arrangements for traveling back to the hotel after the tour.
6) Tour operator is very strict regarding the reporting time. If the client does not reach the pickup place on time they will not wait for them. In this 100% cancellation will be charged.
7) The tours exclude lunch / dinners / refreshments.
8) If the specified tour is not operating on that particular day then we reserve the right to offer an alternate our which may result in a supplement. If the same is not possible / acceptable then we will offer a reduction for this tour.
9) Please issue air tickets only after we confirm all the hotel / transfer / sightseeing reservations.
10) If the package booking is requested within 15 to 17 days from the date of departure then we will not be in a position to issue the train tickets. In this case we will offer you a reduction for the train fares and you can issue the train tickets in your country (rates may be slightly higher in your country)
11) In case the train does not operate due to any reasons (weather / strikes / technical etc). The client will have to make own arrangement for air tickets and bear the cost of the same. Silverlink Leisure Management will not be responsible.
Day 01 : Arrive in ViennaOn arrival you will be transferred to hotel by a Seat In Coach shuttle. Shuttle only operates between 0800hrs and 1900hrs. In case your flight arrives before / later then we may have to arrange a private transfer at an additional cost.
Standard check-in time at hotels is 1400hrs. If you are arriving early then we will request hotel for an early check-in but the same will be purely subject to availability and not guaranteed. Generally chances of getting a room before 1200hrs are low.
Rest of the day is free to relax / explore Vienna on your own. Overnight at hotel in Vienna. Meals – Nil.
Day 02 – VIENNABreakfast at hotel. Proceed on your own from hotel to the tour departure point of your 4hrs tour (starts approx 0945hrs) visiting beautiful scenery of southern Vienna Woods and visit the subterranean 'Seegrotte'.
The Tour - We take you to the southern part of Vienna Woods, passing by the roman city of Baden, before we reaching Mayerling, where we visit the convent. The former hunting-lodge of Crownprince Rudolph. We continue with a visit to the Abbey of Heiligenkreuz where we will see the tomb of the Babengerd Family. Finally we will visit the 'Seegrotte', or 'Seagrotto' for a boat ride on Europe's largest subterranean lake before returning to Vienna where the tour will end at the Opera House.
Afternoon (approx 1430hrs onwards) proceed on half day tour of Vienna (Approx 3hrs).
The Tour - This city tour will introduce you to the the most important sights of the Austrian capital. As we drive around the famous 'Ringstrasse', Vienna's main boulevard, we pass by the State Opera, the Museums of Fine Art and Natural History, the Parliament building, the Burgtheater (National Theatre), the City Hall and the University. The highlight of this programme is the visit to Schonbrunn Palace where we take a tour of some of the most magnificently decorated rooms. We return to the city centre, passing by Belvedere Palace, where you will have the opportunity to end your tour, or you can choose to continue to the State Opera House, where the tour ends.
After tour make your own way back to the hotel. Overnight at hotel in Vienna. Meals – Breakfast
Day 3 – VIENNABreakfast at hotel. Later make your own way from hotel to Vienna Station to board train to Salzburg. Generally we book a train departing late morning / early afternoon. This journey takes approx 3hours.
On arrival at Salzburg train station make your own way to the hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore Salzburg on your own. Overnight at hotel in Salzburg.
Meals – Breakfast
Day 4 – SALZBURGBreakfast at hotel. Proceed on your own from hotel to the tour departure point for your interesting tour of Salzburg and discover the beauty and contrasting scenery of the picturesque Austrian countryside (approx 4hrs and 30mins).
The Tour - The first part of the tour starts at Mirabell Palace. Next we pass by Mozarteum and the Marionette Theatre. Further along we see the County Theatre, Mozart's Residence and Trinity Church. We cross the river Salzach and pass the Law Courts on our way to Hellbrunn Palace having a short stop here. Returning to Salzburg we pass by Frohnburg Palace, Nonnberg Abbey, the Neutor tunnel, the Horsepon and St. Blasius church before we reach Mozart square. The second part of the tour starts at 2 p.m. from Salzburg Sightseeing Office and shows you the scenic surroundings of the city of Salzburg. In St. Gilgen we see the birthplace of Mozarts' mother. Enjoy the atmosphere in St. Wolfgang with the renowned White Horse Inn, where we admire the church with it's famous altar and where we have a boat trip across St Wolfgang lake during summer period. We also shortly stop in Mondsee on our return.
After tour make your own way back to the hotel. Overnight at hotel in Salzburg.
Meals – Breakfast
Day 5 – SALZBURG / ZELL AM SEEBreakfast at hotel. Later make your own way from hotel to Salzburg Station to board train to Zell Al See. Generally we book a train departing late morning / early afternoon. This journey takes approx 2.
On arrival at Zell Am See train station make your own way to the hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore Zell Am See on your own. Overnight at hotel in Zell Am See.
Important - Zell Am See is a small town and has very few hotels, if we are unable to find a hotel in this town then we will book you for an extra night in Salzburg.
Meals – Breakfast
Day 6 – ZELL AM SEE / INNSBRUCKBreakfast at hotel. Later make your own way from hotel to Zell Am See Station to board train to Innsbruck. Generally we book a train departing late morning / early afternoon. This journey takes approx 4hrs and involves 01 train change.
On arrival at Innsbruck train station make your own way to the hotel. Rest of the day is free to explore Innsbruck on your own.
Evening enjoy an unforgettable Tyrolean evening – 3hrs. Proceed on your own from hotel to the pickup point.
The Tour - Enjoy a typical Tyrolean evening with an attractive programme which only includes authentic folk music. See the dancers and shoe slapping and listen to the Tyrolean songs and yodelling. You will never forget this evening with an authentic entertainment and original costumes. Don't keep your hands and feet still and dance to the music! Additionally you will have a transfer from Innsbruck to the show venue and back as well as you can enjoy a delicious 3 - course menu during the show. ***** SAMPLE MENU ***** Herb Cream soup; "Vienna Style" escalope (Turkey) with potatoes and salad; Applestrudel with whipped cream. (Vegetarian / Halal meals cannot be arranged)
After tour make your own way back to the hotel. Overnight at hotel in Innsbruck.
Meals – Breakfast
Day 7 – INNSBRUCKBreakfast at hotel. Day is free to explore Innsbruck on your own. Overnight at hotel in Innsbruck.
Meals – Breakfast
Day 8 – INNSBRUCK / VIENNABreakfast at hotel.
Standard check-out time from hotels is 1000hrs. If you are departing on late afternoon / evening / night flight we will request hotel for a late checkout but the same will be purely subject to availability and not guaranteed. If the rooms are available then the hotel may give late check-out till 1200hrs latest.
Later you will be transferred to INNSBRUCK airport.
Alternatively you can even book the client on a flight from Vienna back home. Innsbruck to Vienna is approx 5hour journey + 1 hour emergency buffer + 3hours advance check-in for international flight. Hence you can look at a flight departing after 1630hrs. Train ticket from Innsbruck to Vienna will be extra.
In case flight departs Vienna before 1630hrs then you may have to ask the client to stay for one night in Vienna.
END OF SERVICES BOOK TODAY